The Four-State Church Involvement Study investigates the role of individualism as it pertains to church involvement and what that involvement means. Regional variations in these relationships also are examined.
- Data File
- Cases: 2,620
Weight Variable: None
- Data Collection
- Date Collected: Fall, 1988
- Funded By
- The Lilly Endowment, Inc.
- Collection Procedures
- Telephone interview survey
- Sampling Procedures
- Adult residents with telephones living in Ohio, Massachusetts, North Carolina and California were sampled. Random-digit dialing was used until 650 respondents were reached in each state.
- Principal Investigators
- Phillip E. Hammond and Wade Clark Roof, Co-Principal Investigators
John Shelton Reed, Project Consultant
Mark Shibley, Research Assistant
- Related Publications
- Hammond, Phillip E. (1992). Religion and Personal Autonomy: The Third Disestablishment in America. University of South Carolina Press.
Roof, Wade Clark. (1993). A Generation of Seekers: The Spiritual Journeys of the Baby Boom Generation. San Francisco, CA: Harper.