The aim of this study was to develop and validate an initial religious coping scale for Iranians based on Kenneth Pargament's religious coping scale (RCOPE). The questionnaire was created using items from the original RCOPE scale and items created by the primary investigator based on Islamic teachings.
- Data File
- Cases: 185
Weight Variable: None
- Data Collection
- Date Collected: 2006
- Funded By
- Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran
- Collection Procedures
- The questionnaire was administered in class to students at the University of Shiraz, a city in the south of Iran.
- Sampling Procedures
- The sample was chosen using cluster sampling. The primary investigator selected four academic schools at the University of Shiraz and then a class from each school.
- Principal Investigators
- Abdulaziz Aflakseir, Department of Psychology, University of Shiraz
- Related Publications
- Aflakseir, Abdulaziz and Peter G. Coleman. 2009. "The influence of religious coping on the mental health of disabled Iranian war veterans." Mental Health, Religion & Culture 12:175-190.
Pargament, Kenneth I., Harold G. Koenig, and Lisa M. Perez. 2000. "The many methods of religious coping: Development and initial validation of the RCOPE." Journal of Clinical Psychology 56:519-543.