Lutheran
Evangelical Lutheran Synod
The Evangelical Lutheran Synod was formed at Lake Mills, Iowa, in 1918 by a group of 40 pastors and laymen who declined to enter the merger of other Norwegian Lutherans deciding instead to establish and independent synod. The name Norwegian Synod of the American Evangelical Lutheran Church was adopted. The present name was assumed in 1957.

Most Recent Membership Data:
Year 2009

Click here for a complete profile